How to Apply US Visa & Cost Implication in Nigeria: Welcome to another wonderful guide on the right procedures to secure a visa for yourself in the United States of America. We will also look at the cost implication and requirements necessary to apply for one online.
This article will guide you through the requirements and application steps to apply for a US visa from Nigeria. We will be making this a detailed guide in order to assist you to understand the right process to easily apply, just read to the end of this article.
First, you need to understand the types of US visas available to apply.
Table of Contents
Types of U.S. Visas.
- Immigrant visas
- Nonimmigrant visas
- Business/Tourist/Medical Visa (B-1, B-2)
- Student Visa (F-1 Visa)
- M-1 Visa
- Work Visa H-1B (specialty occupation)
- H-2A (seasonal agricultural workers visa)
- H-2B visa (skilled and unskilled workers visa)
- H-3 (trainee visa)
- H-4 (dependents visa)
- L-1 (intra-company transferees visa)
- L-2 (dependents visa)
- P (artists, entertainers visa)
- R (religious worker visa)
US Visa Application Requirements.
- An original copy of your Nigeria Immigration Passport
- Duplicates of your Nigerian National Identity card which should include valid and expired visas.
- Completed Dubai Visa application form – must be filled in CAPITAL LETTERS and duly signed.
- Confirmed Itinerary [Round trip tickets]. Please note that any traveler who doesn’t have a Return ticket might be refused entry at the airport.
- A copy of proof from your health insurance company to cover your Health insurance.
- Your recent bank statement. Preferably, 2-3 months is better.
- For Tourists: A letter from your employer, indicating that you have been warranted to leave and return to your job. However, if you’re self-employed, you will be required to attach your business registration and tax documents for verification
- Visiting relative/friend? You will have to present a letter from your invitee (host). This should clearly state their contact information, address, UAE passport information (data page), boldly signed and dated copy, and National Passport data page if they don’t have a UAE passport.
- Finally, you will have to include hotel reservation receipt and acknowledgment
Cost Implication for Getting a US Visa in Nigeria.
|Visa Type||Description||Fee Amount (USD)||Fee Amount (NGN)|
|E||Treaty Trader/Investor, Australian Professional Specialty||$205||82000.00|
|H||Temporary/Seasonal Workers and Employment, Trainees||$190||76000.00|
|I||Journalist and Media||$160||64000.00|
|K||Fiancé(e) or Spouse of U.S. Citizen||$265||106000.00|
|O||Persons with Extraordinary Ability||$190||76000.00|
|P||Athletes. Artists & Entertainers||$190||76000.00|
|Q||International Cultural Exchange||$190||76000.00|
|T||Victim of Human Trafficking||$160||64000.00|
|U||Victim of Criminal Activity||$160||64000.00|
Visa Types and Conditions with No Fee Required.
- Applicants for A, G, C-2, C-3, NATO, and diplomatic visas (as defined in 22 CFR 41.26)
- Applicants holding J visas and who are participating in certain official U.S. Government-sponsored educational and cultural exchanges
- Replacement of a machine-readable visa when the original visa was not properly affixed or the visa needs to be reissued through no fault of the applicant
- Applicants exempted by international agreement, including members and staff of an observer mission to United Nations Headquarters recognized by the UN General Assembly, and their immediate families
- Applicants traveling to provide certain charitable services
- U.S. Government employees traveling on official business
- A parent, sibling, spouse or child of a U.S. Government employee killed in the line of duty who is traveling to attend the employee’s funeral and/or burial; or a parent, sibling, spouse, son or daughter of a U.S. Government employee critically injured in the line of duty for visitation during emergency treatment and convalescence
How to use GTbank to make payment for US Visa application online.
Although fees are listed in U.S. dollars, payment must be made using local currency. You can pay your fee at any GTBank branch or, if you are an account holder at GTBank, you can pay online.
Find more information on the Guaranty Trust Bank payment page here.
How to Apply US Visa Online.
- Decide on the type of visa you want to apply for.
- Proceed to GTBank online payment page as shown above to pay online.
- Fill in the DS-160 form on https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/.
- Create a profile on the https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Nigeria portal by clicking on “click on new user” and,
- Schedule an appointment after you might have logged in to the website.
- Finally, visit the US embassy at the scheduled date and time for further clearance and processing.
See more information on the official U.S. Visa application webpage online.