Canadian Visitor Visa Information: How to Apply & Requirements: This article contains relevant information on how to apply for Canada temporary resident visa. This is a document issued officially to visitors (foreigners; not citizens of Canada) that is accompanied by a Canadian Passport. A Canadian visa reflects the requirements you have met with in order to enter the country.
Basically, the Canada visa can be applied by any individual that’s not a citizen of Canada. For example, if you are traveling and you have to enter Canada before you reach your final destination, you will need to get a Canadian visitor visa.
However, there are two means an individual can apply for a Canada visitor visa. They are; online or via paper.
Table of Contents
What is the duration of stay for a Canadian visitor visa holder?
The duration any visitor can stay in Canada with a visitor’s visa is 6 months.
When you are issued a Canadian visitor visa, the border service officers will clearly write the date of your departure i.e. when you’re expected to leave Canada. Hence, you will be given a visitor record which will show the date you are expected to leave.
Also, on arrival at the airport, you will get a stamp on your passport. In a situation whereby you don’t get this stamp on your passport, you can stay in Canada for at most 6 months until your passport expires.
Who is eligible to apply for a Canada visitor’s visa?
The requirements necessary to apply for a Canadian visitor’s visa is as shown below;
- A valid passport issued from the government of your nationality. The Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) is responsible for this task in Nigeria.
- Medical fitness or medical insurance certificate to ascertain that you’re in good health.
- Be free from any criminal or immigration convictions.
- Must be backed up with the resources to take you back when your time expires eighter from family, friend, relatives, job, or your financial asset.
- Be financially capacitated to stay in Canada if approved.
- An attestation that you will leave Canada after your visit.
- And more importantly, you may be required to take a medical examination and have a letter of invitation in your possession from a person who already lives in Canada.
However, there are some categories of persons who will never be allowed to enter Canada. These include; people with criminal activity, people that have human rights violations on them, and organized crime. Also, if you don’t have enough finance, or violates security protocols or experience instability in your health condition, you might be dismissed from Canada.
How to Apply for a Canada Visitor Visa.
As earlier said, you can apply for Canada visitor visa in two different ways; paper or online.
Firstly, you need to visit the online application form portal to read the complete criteria and guides on how to apply.
Make sure you have a scanner in order to scan the necessary documents that will be required.
Have a debit or credit card ready for payment.
Then, finalize every other process on the Canada visitor visa application website.
What happens after I apply for a Canada visitor visa?
- Biometric verification: You will be required to give your fingerprints and a colored photo (biometric capture). It is important to note that, you have only a month to present yourself in person to complete the biometric capture after your application online.
- Processing your Application: Officials will have to process your application in order to be sure everything is correct. In cases of any incomplete application, you may be asked to
- schedule an interview with a representative in your country,
- provide more information about yourself and your application,
- obtain a medical clearance, or
- get a police clearance in your country.
- Arrival in Canada: Once number 2 is confirmed, you can travel to Canada. On arrival, you will be checked thoroughly to ascertain your identity. Children too must present their valid credentials just like adults to warrant their entry.
- Entry Grant: As soon as you meet the requirements, you will be allowed to enter Canada. But then, border service officers may stamp your passport or issue you a date for departure.
In case you have any questions related to this article or other inquiries, don’t hesitate to use the comment section below to state anything. Our admins will be happy to attend to you.
You should also know that, you won’t be allowed to enter Canada if you don’t meet the necessary entry requirements or you cannot convince the service officers about your entry to Canada.